- Car Riders
- Cars will enter heading west on 91st street. They will turn right and follow the path until reaching the north side of the playground. Here, cars will pull up in rows of 3 or 4. Staff members will then guide the cars up in groups to ensure safe drop off.
- Students will be directed to exit once they have reached the front end of the line, and the car has completely stopped. Students will follow the sidewalk to enter the building through Doors 11 and 12.
- Cars will then head south towards 91st street and exit right, traveling west.
- This is DIFFERENT than last year. Cars will NOT park on 91st Street for drop off.
- Students, coming from the east, will walk to the sidewalk that travels along the east parking lot up to Door 5, where they will be greeted by staff members, ensuring they walk to class.
- Students, coming from the west, will walk to the entrance off of 88th ave. where staff will guide them to the sidewalk that travels to the main entrance, Door 1. Staff will work together to ensure student safety with the front buses.
- Beginning at 2:45pm when class ends, we will begin directing cars into the pick up zone.
- You are welcome to wait in your car along 91st street before 2:45 pm.
- However due to outside learning spaces, we cannot open the lot until the school day ends at 2:45 pm.
- Follow the yellow arrows shown on the map below. Staff will also help direct traffic.
- When your vehicle is in the PICK UP ZONE, please show a Student Name and Grade Level Sign (signs will be given at parent orientation)
- Supervisors will look for Student Name and Grade Level Signs from cars or verbally get the student’s name, then will radio the name to the grade level staff line leaders.
- Your child(ren) will then enter on the right side (passenger side) of your vehicle only.
- Once your child(ren) is securely in your car, you may exit by pulling forward or to the left around waiting cars.
- Continue to follow
- You will exit the lot by turning right and heading WEST on 91st street.
- Left hand turns heading east on 91st street will not be permitted.
- If your child will leave school grounds without an adult, they MUST have a Walker Tag. If you would like your child to have a walker tag, you MUST fill out the Walker permission slip and return it to the office or classroom teacher. We will have these available during Parent Orientation for you to complete.
Car Drop-Off and Pick Up Route
- If your child rides the bus, you can see his/her bus stop location and time on the Parent Access portal.
- Please have your child at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off and picked up on the south side of Glen Oaks..
- Bus tags will be given to students the first week
- Bus numbers for the AM and PM will be on the tags
- For any routing questions, please contact the transportation department at 708-233-4561.
- Important: If at any point during the school year, your child will be picked up or walking instead of taking the bus home, you must notify the school by either calling the office at 708-233-6801, or sending a note with your child to school. Any same day transportation changes need to be made by 2:15pm.
Important notes about Arrival/Dismissal Procedures
- Students will not be allowed to switch transportation without parental/guardian written communication sent with your child to school OR notifying the office at 708-233-6801.
- Per Illinois State law, no cell phone usage is allowed in a school zone. Violations will be reported to the Palos Hills Police Department.
- Please share these procedures with anyone who will be dropping off or picking up your child(ren) during the school year.
- We appreciate your attention to these procedures. We work extremely hard to ensure the safety of our students, staff, families, and community members. Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
- Before 8:30am, call the absence line: 708-598-5743.
- Notify your child’s teacher about how to complete missing work.
Breakfast & Lunch
- Each day, we offer our students breakfast and lunch.
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students.
- Here are the menu options for breakfast and lunch (this will be updated as the year goes on)